Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Zen and the Art of Recycling

My guild is doing a "green" quilt show this year. We were challenged to make a quilt from recycled material. I used the grocery bags that I get at my local supermarkets. One store uses white and the other beige, so that set the color scheme for my quilt. I cut the bags and quilted them onto the background. This quilt crunches.




On top of the "grocery bag" background, I attached little mini-quilts. Each quilt is embellished with some sort of recycled item. I have a rose made from an old sweater, the 3 key off an old typewriter, cut up soda cans, old buttons, a beer bottle top and an pin made from an old quilt.

It was a lot of fun to make. I hope I showed that recycled items are beautiful! If you want to go to the quilt show and see all the other recycled quilts, here the link to the show information: ELIQG.com.




2 comments:

SunbonnetSue said...

Please stop leaving unrelated, SPAM containing comments. I will always delete them.

Kim

Unknown said...

creative hands !
i love that..