Monday, March 23, 2009

National Quilting Day

My Guild (Eastern Long Island Quilters) celebrated National Quilting day this Saturday. I had to work, but didn't want to miss out on the fun. They put together cuddle quilts for the local nursing homes. Even though I couldn't sew with them, I made one on my own. I started it Saturday night and just put the last stitches in the binding.



The fabrics are donated. There were some older, out of style fabrics, but I think it turned out great!

I used my walking foot for the first time. I used my new Janome and it quilted great! I never could get the walking foot to quilt on my old singer.

So now the quilt is off to the guild meeting to be collected with the other quilts made on National Quilting day. I hope the quilt gets cuddled!



No comments: