Sunday, October 14, 2007

Light The Night - Leukemia Walk

Last night Suffolk Community College hosted the "Light the Night" walk for Leukemia. My mom has a blood cancer, so our family participated. Here is a picture of us right before the walk. In the picture are my 14-year old daughter Kelly, Husband Jim, Me, 9-year old daughter Suzie and off to the side, my 12-year old son Danny(being clever with his balloon).



There were hundreds of walkers who carried illuminated balloons. It was quite the parade as we walked around the road the loops the campus.



When it was all finished, we returned to the central courtyard of the campus in front of the Peconic Building. It was a beautiful site.


It was definitely a worthwhile experience for my family to gather together with others who have had blood cancers touch their life. There was a lady there sobbing and I felt so thankful that my mother continues to win the fight with her cancer.

If you would like to donate to the cause: http://www.active.com/donate/ltnMelvil/2075_bunchuck

Kim B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.