Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Brides Against Breast Cancer Deadline!

It's May 1st. The deadline for sign ups for the Sunbonnet Sue fights breast cancer project was yesterday. Yikes, the project took on a life of its own. Originally I was worried that I'd wouldn't get 38 women to volunteer to do a block. I shouldn't have underestimated the generosity of quilters.

We have 67 different names on the list of volunteers to make a block. We will be able to make three quilts! I'm very excited about the turnout. The bulk of the volunteers are from the USA but there are also volunteers from Mexico, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, England and Germany.

The kits are being mailed out this week. I just printed 70 copies of the instructions and created the mailing labels. The kits are an inconsistent weight (some have more beading, some have lighter weight fabrics) so I'll have to weigh each of the packages separately. I plan on sending a few envelopes each day this week.

As soon as the blocks come back in, I'll be photographing them and putting them online. It will be exciting to see all the brides!

No comments: