Thursday, April 5, 2007

Piping Hot Bindings Workshop

My guild, the Eastern Long Island Quilters, hosted Susan Cleveland for a lecture and workshop. Today was the workshop on "piping Hot Binding". Susan showed us the ins and out of making a binding perfect. We applied a thin piping before putting the binding on the quilt.

Susan used a digital projector and digital camera to demonstrate her techniques. We were a large group and it made everything so easy. No more crowding around a sewing machine trying to see over the tall lady! I really enjoyed it.


We put the binding on a small project. I brought a Sunbonnet Sue block to put the binding on. You can see me in this group shot of the class. As usual, I had the only Sunbonnet Sue in the group.



What was great about the workshop was the light-hearted, fun atmosphere that Susan created. She was fun, informative and really knew her stuff. I'm made four great corners on the quilt I binded, something that has never happened for me before!



Here are a couple of the samples she brought. She is very precise and has a great color sense.


It was a good day. Now I have to go dig out some of my UFOs and get the binding on them as well!







No comments: