Sunday, March 11, 2007

Trip Into NYC




National Quilting Day




My guild had their celebration of National Quilting day Yesterday. I didn't teach this year and my husband wanted me to skip the day to go into NYC with our church group to hand out groceries and food. So National Quilting Day went on without me and I went into the city with my 13, 12 and 8 year old children.


Three vans arrived at Tompkins Square Park. It was a bit of work unloading the trucks, but handing out the food was rewarding. My kids really got to see the variety of people that came. I think it was a bit of an eye opener for them. My oldest son wouldn't come, but managed to call me in the middle of the food distribution.


My 8 year old did a good job too. It was a good day. I'm back to quilting today.




No comments: