Sunday, September 14, 2008

Old Dutch Cleanser

Sometimes I get requests from visitors to Sunbonnetsue.com about vintage quilt patterns. Here is a picture of an inquiry I got earlier this year.




"I purchased this quilt on ebay. Have you ever seen this figure on a quilt? " The inquirer also send this picture:



The quilt has an interesting layout. Since I haven't seen a published pattern of this sue, I can only guess that it is a hand-drawn pattern. Someone saw a Sunbonnet sue quilt and wanted to recreate one. Perhaps the quilter was trying to recreate the Logos from “old dutch cleanser” packages. Here is a picture:

The outstretched hand, and way the bonnet trails down the back is similar.

So what do you think? Have you seen this design?

2 comments:

Miri said...

I haven't seen this one before. You're right it does evoke the Old Dutch Cleanser girl.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.